LESSONS OF 2016
January is essentially the month where you often think back on what 2016 has taught you. The games, the moments, the laughter, the setbacks, the growth, the promises that you make to yourself, in the hopes you will make the next year a different one.
2016 like I said in the NEW YEAR, NEW ME blog post which you can find here, 2016 was emotionally, mentally a very rough year for me. I devoted a lot of time to my work, blog work, Beauty Corner SA Youtube Channel, and days for family and friends were often limited. I made great new friends, I met new blogger friends, created new relationships, as well as lost some relationships too. However, with everything bad that happened, I often took it as a lesson. If I lost contact with someone, I often tried to see the positive behind it. Maybe me and that person were only meant for a season, only a chapter, but that wasn’t a lifelong friendship. Family life was hard, there were some extremely trying times here and there, but as always we got through them.
Therefore, in keeping with the New Year New Me theme, I felt it necessary to reflect on some of the things that I went through in 2016, share them with you, and hope you share some of them with me too.
LESSONS OF 2016
- Everything changes. Nothing stays the same- it can change for the better or for the worst, but what remains is change is constant.
- Not all people are meant to stay in your journey of life. Some people are only there but for a season, and there is a reason for that.
- Once people show you who they REALLY are, BELIEVE them.
- Not everyone wants to see you succeed. They want to see what happens in your life, but purely to just keep tabs on you. Nothing more and nothing less.
- Valuing yourself is EXTREMELY important. Once you value yourself, you indirectly show the world to value YOU. You set the boundaries, for people to come to you correct, and respect you.
- RESPECT and TRUST- are EARNED. This, does not happen overnight.
- Your passion for something, should be your biggest motivation. If you are not passionate about something, you often approach it half- heartedly. That is doing yourself, and it, a serious injustice.
- Keeping most things about yourself and your life a mystery, is one of the biggest favours you can do for yourself. Not everyone needs to know what you’re doing, when and where.
- If something does not directly involve you, STAY out of it.
- Trash talk is not for me. I was surrounded by many people who talked trash, and hid it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as long as they don’t impose it on others.
- Not every smile towards you, is REALLY a genuine smile.
- Meat is not the only protein you can ingest. You have no idea how much of a revelation this is to a meat lover. LOL.
- Loving yourself, IS HARD. Judging yourself often comes easier.
- Friends, genuine friends, are blessings. Show some gratitude in your friendships. Keep in contact, stay relevant.
- Blessings come in different ways. Learn to spot them. Show some gratitude.
That were my 2016 lessons.
What were yours?
Let me know!
Until the next one,
Live in Light and Love ❤