Hello everyone!!! 🙂
Now I never do any posts on the food I cook, recipes I try out because, um well, I don’t know why actually! However it seems quite a few people enjoy my cooking skills so I figured why not do a monthly installment of some dishes that I cook and provide the recipes to them 🙂 It seems to go down well with my sister and the Mr Mr. Even my good friend Philli (G) suggested that I put up at least one recipe of something I cook in my kitchen once a month, and so, I caved. Quite a few people enjoy my cooking, so I thought I’d share some of my kitchen creations with you!! 🙂
So we will call this series:
IN MY KITCHEN! ON THE MENU!
This past weekend I did a breakfast “open sandwich” will all the delicious foods people love to have for breakfast. Yep! I’m talking, egg, cheese, bacon…. the whole shebang!!!
So I kind of figured that maybe it would be a good idea to share this dish with you, and you could do it at home one day! 🙂
Now, as slightly complicated as that picture may look ,this is actually one of the easiest open sandwiches one can do! So, lets get started with what you will need:
- One Egg
- Bacon (however much you may want for yourself, or if you making for more than one person) / people who don’t eat pork can substitute for macon.
- Mozzarella cheese (Or any cheese of your choice)
- Robot Peppers (green, yellow,red peppers 1/4 of each)
- A roasted vegetable pasta sauce
- half an onion
- Sausages (this is completely optional, you don’t have to add, or you can substitute it for something else).
- Prepare the sauce FIRST.
Dice your peppers, onions, into small pieces.
Pour a little bit of oil in a pan on medium heat. When hot enough, add the onions. Stir and watch them, and as they soften and turn brown, add all the peppers to the mix. Stir for about 2mins, and then add the Roasted Vegetable pasta sauce, a generous amount, and then add a little bit of chutney, to simply sweeten the sauce. Then lower the heat, and let it simmer for about 2-3mins. Then you’re done with the sauce!
Then you remove sauce from the pan, clean the pan and prepare to use the other ingredients.
- Fry your bacon and your sausages(optional)
This one is self explanatory, lol!
Then remove the bacon and/or sausages from the pan.
- TOAST your Roll
For this I used a Portuguese Roll. I cut the roll in half, added a bit of butter to the non stick pan and when it was hot and the butter had melted, i added the rolls (the inside of the roll, flat on the pan surface) to toast it up a little bit. As soon as it turned a little bit brown, I removed them.
- PREPARE YOUR EGG
I normally leave the egg until last because I don’t like eating a cold egg! As you fry up your egg, you can warm up the bacon, sauce and roll and prepare to place them on your plate.
- PLATE UP YOUR DISH!
- First goes the roll
- Then you add a layer of your sauce
- Then a layer of bacon
- Then goes your egg on top
- and then you finish off with your sauce again on top.
- This is where you add grated cheese on top (I just chopped up some mozzarella and placed it on the side of the plate)
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste
AND VOILA!!!! You have your BREAKFAST OPEN SANDWICH!! 🙂
This dish wont take you longer then 15mins to prepare!
However you MUST be hungry for this one!
It was DELICIOUS!!!
If you’d like to see more of what I prepare at home, let me know!
Until the next one,
Live in Light and Love ❤