Good Morning Everyone! Meet my fellow beauty and lifestyle blogger friend Zanele from Johannesburg. The face behind “InOutAndAroundSoweto” 🙂 She has kindly accepted my request to interview her for blogger insider. Well known on the SA bloggersphere and Beauty Bulletin which is where I first discovered her, here is what she has to say regarding “InAndAroundSoweto” ❤ 🙂
Sits down with Zanele Mondi
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog
I’m just a simple 20 somehing year old girl from Soweto trying to change the perception of beauty especially in the townships.
- What inspired you or prompted you to get into blogging?
Firstly my blog began as an events blog but the majority of my readers where from the Unites States and Asia so it evolved to me sharing life quotes and now it is a beauty blog and people are responding well to that.
- How would you describe your blogging style?
Honest with a tiny bit of dry humor. What you will not see on my blog is a foundation swatch on my arm (yeap I said it).
- How do you manage to find time to run your blog efficiently?
That has been the struggle with my blog since day one but I would rather post a well written blog post once a week than an awful something everyday that won’t benefit any of my readers.
- Have you encountered any challenges along your blogging journey?
Our industry small(in South Africa) and our ladies of color are not that well represented so it is up to women like Kat and I to keep on pushing that quality content.
- Can you tell us about some of your favourite SA bloggers?
Gentleorchid like for real have you ever see the stuff she posts you should check out her blog *wink*.
- How do you keep yourself motivated when it comes to your blog, and blogging?
I try to think of topics that I would enjoy reading about and then I just write them.
- Is blogging a hobby or career currently?
It’s a hobby of which I would love to turn into a career someday.
- In future where would you like your blog to take you?
To a place where I can call it my day job.
- Any tips, tricks, advice for new up and coming beauty and lifestyle bloggers?
Find your niche and you will see posts and ideas will flow.
That’s it from Zanele! Thank you so much doll for taking part in this ❤
If you want to find Zanele online, look for her here and show her some love! 🙂
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/aroundsoweto/
Instagram – https://instagram.com/zanelemondi/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ZaneleMondi
SnapChat – zanelemondi
Until the next Blogger Insider Post
Live in Light and Love ❤