Good Morning Everyone! Meet my fellow beauty and lifestyle blogger friend Lungi from Durban. The face behind “ByLungi” 🙂 She has kindly accepted my request to interview her for blogger insider. Well known on the SA bloggersphere for her great blog posts on her natural hair journey, she has recently changed and given her blog a more lifestyle theme, where she talks everything from hair, makeup, her travels and more. This is my interview with Lungi ❤ 🙂
Sits down with Lungi ❤
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
My name is Lungi, I am a lover of all things pretty. I classify my blog as a lifestyle blog. It started off as a hair blog though. It has slowly transformed to include all the things that I love: beauty, travel and a bit of DIY (the girly type).
- What inspired you or prompted you to get into blogging?
I’ve always loved writing – I’ve kept a diary since I was 12 years old. Thus blogging for me was an extension of that, being able to share the things that I love and also connecting with people who have similar interests.
- How would you describe your blogging style?
I keep my blog quite casual, I always want to ensure that my personality shows through. So the way I write is definitely the way I speak.
- How do you manage to find time to run your blog effieciently?
Giiirrrlll, this is a constant struggle. I have a full time, all consuming jay oh bee. I have also recently ventured into making Youtube videos, so my time is extra stretched. I write most of my posts, take pictures and shoot videos on weekends and schedule them for during the week.
- Have you encountered any challenges along your blogging journey?
I have writer’s block sometimes. I also question putting up some more personal posts.
- Can you tell us about some of your favourite SA bloggers?
Yourself of course. I also like EstrelaEvra.com, she has a great blog and Youtube channel. For hair blogs I like Lebo’s (journeytobeauthair.co.za) blog
- How do you keep yourself motivated when it comes to your blog, and blogging?
For me it’s doing something that I love, it’s my creative outlet. So I hardly ever feel demotivated to blog, I look forward to conceptualising posts and pictures.
- Is blogging a hobby or career currently?
- In future where would you like your blog to take you?
I definitely want it to be bigger than it is now. I would also love to develop/launch products.
- Any tips, tricks, advice for new up and coming beauty and lifestyle bloggers?
Keep at it. We need more WOC beauty and lifestyle bloggers in South Africa.
That’s it from Lungi! Thank you so much girl for taking part in this ❤
If you want to find Lungi online, look for her here and show her some love! 🙂
Social media links:
Til the next one,
Live in Light and Love ❤