Good Morning Everyone! Meet my fellow beauty and lifestyle blogger friend Candice from Cape Town. The face behind “BeautyCandyLoves” 🙂 She has kindly accepted my request to interview her for blogger insider. Well known on the SA bloggersphere and Beauty Bulletin which is where I first discovered her, here is what she has to say regarding “BeautyCandLoves” ❤ 🙂
Sits down with Candice ❤
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?
- My name is Candice an ordinary 25 year old Capetownion. I am a simple lady , I am very much a home body and find joy in being home with my boyfriend and catching up to my favourite series. To be honest I am such a boring person!!
2. What inspired you or prompted you to get into blogging?
- I was introduced to the world of beauty working on a beauty website – I enjoyed it so much that I started one of my own 2 years ago! I basically started using make up 2 years ago and I have been sharing my experience from an ordinary lady’s perspective ever since. I have also loved speaking my mind and I find that blogging is a great way to say what I want without people telling me what to say I just love . I was also alone with no friends (sad I know) and blogging has introduced me to so many young women who shares the same passion in writing and beauty that I do.
3. How would you describe your blogging style?
- I don’t think I have a blogging style. I write about what I want whether it’s a make up review, my travels or just things I have experienced in life and topics I am passionate about.
4. How do you manage to find time to run your blog effieciently?
- Haha blogging is so hard!! I wish someone could have told me how hard it is to actually run a blog and to actually have a social life , bringing out content on a regular basis and working a normal 8-5 job is tough . Finding the time is always tricky I mainly allocate two days during the week to film or take photos and three days during the week to write my content. I use to put out content every single day but because my job has gotten more demanding I have been posting four times a week spreading them out which works well for me. I guess not having friends does work out for me because I have more time to spend on blogging then most women with children and friends do. Scheduling helps a lot!!!! Which saves my butt a lot of the time…
5. Have you encountered any challenges along your blogging journey?
- There has been a lot of challenges I have faced – encountered some bitchy people in the blogging circle which is always a struggle to not get affected by that. Also time management has been a great struggled but with my new posting schedule it has made my life easier.
6. Can you tell us about some of your favourite SA bloggers?
- Wow there are so many! South Africa has so many talented bloggers and writers a few of my favourites are Luzanne from Pink Peonies, Chereen from For the beauty of it, Chicara from Lipgloss Kisses to be honest there are many but the top dogs are these amazing women which has been in the industry for so many years and are women I look up to!
7. How do you keep yourself motivated when it comes to your blog, and blogging?
- Keeping motivated is important there are so many days when I am just not in the mood to write. Visiting others blogs is a great way to get yourself inspired also taking a break helps me to get perspective and gets me more motivated to get back into the swing of things.
8. Is blogging a hobby or career currently?
- Blogging is definitely a hobby – it’s something I do in between my full time job. Hehe definitely not making money to take it on as a career anytime soon!
9. In future where would you like your blog to take you?
- I would really love to establish my blog with gaining more readers I think that’s a dream for many bloggers to have more readers and to create a community where women can share and talk about anything. My dream for Beauty Candy Loves is to be the place for women to share their opinions and topics with so many no matter if it’s beauty related or not.
10.Any tips, tricks, advice for new up and coming beauty and lifestyle bloggers?
- hmmm I still consider myself as a newbie but as a newer blogger I would say brace yourself hard work and determination does pay off and that number of followers aren’t everything I have seen so many bloggers who has the most social media stats but doesn’t engage that much with their readers. To me engaging to my readers are most important. Really think about whether blogging is right for you – cause I think many rush into it thinking that they are going to get freebies and have brands pay them but in reality that’s not how it works at all – I have still not gotten to the point where I can be thought of as media and have brands take you seriously. So hard work and engaging (networking) plays a good part in running a blog that people would want to visit again. I am definitely no pro but from my 2 year experience in blogging industry that’s what I picked up. 🙂
That’s it from Candice! Thank you so much Candy for taking part in this ❤
If you want to find Candice online, look for her here and show her some love! 🙂
Social Media Links
Until the next Blogger Insider, see you next Wednesday! 🙂
Until then, Live in Light and Love ❤